Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Installing OpenOffice on Ubuntu 12.04


Ubuntu 12.04 use LibreOffice as it's default office application, it's a great application, and I use it often, but sometimes you found bugs that cannot be tricked and the only way is to use other office application.

In my case, I receive an Microsoft Excell File in .xlsx format and when I open it, comments are all over the place. I search and search on google for solution, however none of them is one click solution on LibreOffice.

So I need to install another alternatives, and OpenOffice is the best alternate. Now, since it's not a default application, you cannot find it Ubuntu Software Center by default. So after googling a while, here is the simplest way to do it. This was taken from: http://askubuntu.com/questions/116590/how-do-i-install-openoffice-org-instead-of-libreoffice

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:upubuntu-com/office 
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install openoffice

Cheers...



No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...